Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I don't mind the drive...

"The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium." ~Norbet Platt

Greetings and Salutations--

Today is a red-letter day in my little world.

Many of you know that I have begun taking a class at The Muse, a writer's center in Norfolk.  If you haven't checked out the website, http://www.the-muse.org/   For your own artsy edification, you should peruse immediately.

Today is the day my rockin' Intro to Fiction Writing Class resumes.  There are so many parts of the event to love: escape from domesticity with an excuse to put on make-up; time alone in the car to listen to loud, sometimes bad, music; hanging out with a whacky little group of writer people who don't mind laughing and crying together; occasionally producing something on the page which makes me look twice.

Anway, for what it's worth, I love my trips to Norfolk,  It is a chance to be with other people who love books and enjoy the jolt when the truth and the page collide.  I would drive almost anywhere for that.  But it helps if I get to pick the music.
 
More later...I have to go get my groove on, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment